First things first:
Put your wallet back in your pocket
If you're here for the "Need to Know" manual and a subscription to TalkBiz News, just put your name and email address in the form below and click the button. Then confirm your request, and you can download it immediately.
Otherwise, keep reading. I'm going to give you a copy of my 112-page book - free - that shows you what you really need to know to succeed online.
From: Paul Myers
Publisher of TalkBiz News
Come on in...
I've been publishing a newsletter for online business folk for 15 years now. And something is bothering me.
In those 15 years, I've seen a ton of people come into the game, work their butts off, and get much less than they'd hoped for from their efforts.
Some fail completely. Some have a bit of success, but get stuck at some point. They just can't seem to get past "the wall." Others make a lot of money, but find their lives consumed by their businesses, with no time for the things that are important to them.
Some people just don't know where to start, so they never get going at all.
Some folks see real success for a while, and then something changes in the market and they're back to zero. Just like that.
It makes me madder than you might believe to see people put into these kinds of positions. This just does not need to happen.
So... Why does it?
Think about it. There are tons of really good courses out there that explain the various tactics and techniques you can use to make money online. And it's not like most of them require any special talent to make them work.
So, why do so many people fall short of their goals? Why don't they get where they want to be?
Let's look at an example.
If you decided you wanted to take a trip from Georgia to Oregon, you wouldn't just "start walking." You could walk yourself to death and never get where you wanted to be. If someone suggested that as a strategy, you'd laugh at them.
But that's exactly how most people approach doing business online.
They don't know what they need to know to get where they want to be. So, they just... "start walking."
That rarely ends well.
If you're new to doing business online, I don't want to see you fall into that trap. If you've been at it a while and are in the hole, I want to show you a way out.
And no, this one isn't going to cost you anything.
Sure, you'll have to spend some money and some time to get to whatever you want from doing business online. Anyone who tells you it's going to be instant and effortless is lying to you.
We'd all like to believe it works that way, but, in our hearts, we know better.
The good news is that, once you know what you really need to know, it can happen more quickly and more powerfully than you probably think. Over the years, I've seen some truly amazing things happen - for people who knew how to go after it.
That's what I want to show you. How to go after it with a much better chance of getting what you really want for your efforts. I want to tell you what you really...
As a Christmas gift for the folks who get my newsletter, I put together the most important lessons I've learned in 15 years of doing business on the Internet. Many of them apply to almost everything you do in life, but online business is what people signed up to hear about. So, that's what they got.
I call the book, "Need to Know."
It started out as an e-course, but ended up being a PDF that weighs in at 112 pages of some of the most concentrated information you'll find on the subject, all in one place.
When I released it, the feedback was immediate and very solid. A few of the comments I received...
- Ed Dale, who's made millions online, read it and posted to his blog that, "This one is a must for any online marketer."
- When Paul Hartunian (one of the world's leading experts in using publicity to generate business) finished it, he sent me an email with the subject line, "Damn it, Myers." He complimented what he called the "brilliant writing" and "crystal clear insights," and then artfully cursed me for making him think too much.
- Mark Joyner, best selling author and one of the pioneers of online marketing, sent me a note that said, "This may be the densest summary of what one has to do to actually make money on the internet I've ever read. No gimmicky fads. No rehashing of old information with a new title. Just a solid, short, summary of what you need to do, respectfully told."
- Allen Says, founder of the Warrior Forum, commented, "Love it! A lot of stuff people desperately need to hear, and some stuff they will definitely want to hear."
Them ain't newbies, boys and girls. Those guys know how to build an online business. And there were a lot more.
None of this stuff is "secret." You've probably seen some of it referred to in one place or another. There's no hidden conspiracy to keep it from you. The problem is, most of the people who know it take it for granted. They assume that anyone who's thinking about business will understand it.
The few who sell this information normally charge big money to explain it at private seminars. And it's important enough to be well worth the fees they get.
It is not any kind of exaggeration to say that I could easily have taken the information in Chapter Two alone and turned it into a $97 ebook, or a $499 physical product or teleseminar course. It wouldn't have taken more than a couple of weeks to do that.
I'm telling you this so you don't treat this book like most people treat things they get for free.
Please... Do not just download it and leave it sitting on your hard drive, unread. There's too much to gain from reading it and using what you learn.
Besides, parts of it are really funny. (If you don't laugh out loud at the wombat story, you need a humor transplant. Seriously.)
Along with the book, you're going to get a free subscription to my email newsletter, TalkBiz News. That includes product recommendations, news of important changes and trends in the marketplace, full-length articles to help you build your business, and my world famous rants and ramblings. Much of what you'll read in this book originally appeared in the newsletter.
It will make you laugh, it will make you think, and it will make you money.
If you want to know more about what's in the book, keep reading. If you already know you want the book and the newsletter, just put your email address in the form below and click the button.
You'll get an email shortly after that, with the subject line, "TalkBiz News - Please confirm your subscription." Open that email, click the link in it, and you'll get the download information for the book within a few minutes.
Note: If you use a webmail service like Yahoo, Hotmail or Gmail, you may need to be patient, and check your bulk folder. They do their best to keep spam out, but they sometimes catch legit email along with it.
Instead of going through a salesletter style explanation, I'll just give you the table of contents and a basic description of what's in each chapter....
Chapter 0: The Starting Point - Becoming Unstoppable : This chapter will show you how to create an unstoppable motivation, which forces you to focus on your goal and to take continuous action toward achieving it.
This is probably very different from anything you've read on the subject before. There is absolutely no "positive thinking" or "rah-rah" stuff in it. And I don't assume anything about what your goal is. That's your business. I just show you how to tap into the motivation that already makes you do what you do, to strengthen and redirect it.
This is the single most important chapter in the book. And it applies to every area of your life, and anything you want to be, do or get.
- Chapter 1: The 5 Things it Takes to Succeed Online : Your product, site and traffic are the first three. You may find yourself thinking about them differently by the time you're done with this chapter. The fourth and fifth are the hard parts. Well, they used to be.
- Chapter 2: The 7 Things You Must Include in Everything You do Online : There are 7 primary things that control the growth of your business. This chapter explains what they are, and how to hook them together to gain maximum leverage and make things happen a lot more quickly.
If you already have an online business that's making some money, this chapter could be all you need to get it flying.
- Chapter 3: Cover Your Assets : It's important to know your assets and your resources, and to build both. By the time you finish this chapter (assuming you do the work it asks for), you'll have a much clearer idea of where you stand and what you've got to work with. There's probably a lot more there than you think.
- Chapter 4: Become a "Model" Citizen : This chapter includes a very different take on the concept of what a business model is, and how to choose one. It also slaps around some stupid myths that can keep you from putting things in high gear.
It also points out a belief that many people have that almost guarantees they'll never make enough money online to enjoy the lifestyle they want. The thing that scares me about that belief is the sheer number of people who hold it and don't even know.
- Chapter 5: Revenge of the Psycho-Billy Cadillac : This one explains what I call "The Project Process." It's a simple approach to learning and earning at the same time. I highly recommend it for people with relatively little experience, but useful skills.
- Chapter 6: Gimmick, Toy or Tool? : This chapter explains the single biggest trap for folks new to the game. This one thing kills more fledgling businesses than anything except lack of effort. After looking closely at it, we'll show you how to turn it around and make it one of your strong points.
- Chapter 7: Of Wombats and Men : One of the funniest things I've ever written, and an important message about the ability to communicate clearly. It also offers an excellent cure for perfectionism.
There is also a tweak to the product creation process in here that can get some of you moving a lot faster than you are right now. It's incredibly simple, and almost no-one ever thinks of it.
- Chapter 8: The Most Important Skill : There is one skill that determines how well anything you do online will produce: Listening.
The trick is knowing how to listen, and who to listen to. You'll find that, and more, in this chapter.
- Chapter 9: "Where's the Party?" : You've probably heard the phrase, "People don't buy features. They buy benefits." Unfortunately, even the folks preaching that can't usually explain the difference in ways that most folks can understand at a gut level.
By the time you're done with this chapter, you'll understand that critical difference better than most sales trainers. And that can make all the difference in the world to your bottom line.
- Chapter 10: Winning The Content Contest : "Content is King." I've heard that phrase so many times over the years from people who don't understand the purpose of content that I'm ready to puke.
Here's a clue to what you're going to learn with this chapter: Content is a vehicle. Impact is king.
- Chapter 11: Are You THAT Boring? : Big time argument that raged for years: "How long should me email/article/book/report/video/whatever be?" Everyone who hears it has an opinion on the subject.
Almost every one of those opinions is wrong.
- Chapter 12: How to be Interesting in Print : A very basic primer in writing compelling content. If you learn and follow just these few simple steps, you'll be years ahead of most people in the business.
This one is short, and different from most writing guides you'll encounter. For one thing, it's based on dealing with real people. Not grammar cops.
- Chapter 13: The "THUD!" Factor : This is based on another old cliche. The idea that perceived value is important to sales. That's all well and good, but it doesn't show you how to improve either perceived or delivered value. That's the focus of this chapter. Complete with a checklist you can use for every product or promotion you create.
If you want to develop loyal customers and develop a reputation for over-delivering, spend some extra time with this one.
- Chapter 14: The World is Your Playground : I'm not going to spoil the surprise with this one. I will tell you, though, that it presents one of the very best ways there is to learn this business (and a lot of other things) in a fun, low-stress process.
- Chapter 15: Ramp it Up! : This is the key that ties it all together and makes the effort really pay off. Taking something that works in small ways and scaling it up into something that works BIG.
The information in this chapter is useful mostly to folks who want to build empires, not the people who want to make a few extra bucks, or who are in it purely for th fun of the thing.
If you're looking for an empire, you need to put a lot of focus on this one and on Chapter Two. They're the keys to that doorway.
That doesn't begin to cover everything in the book, of course. The thing is over 100 pages long. That list will, however, give you a quick idea of what you're going to find in those pages.
The most important thing to understand is that all of the sections of the book represent parts of your business, and they all connect to each other. The more parts you use, the better your odds of success, and the bigger that success can become.
Your subscription to TalkBiz News will add to that, giving you more of these kinds of perspectives, and pointers to the tools that can make things happen (or just happen more easily). It will also keep you up to date on what's going on in the crazy, chaotic and fun world of online marketing.
Like I said earlier, I'm not promising you'll make any money at all just by reading the thing. I don't know you, your skills, your market, or any of the things I'd need to know to even make a wild-assed guess. I can definitely say that there are some serious mistakes that you'll be much less likely to make just from having read it.
If all I accomplish with the book is helping you to avoid the stress of those mistakes, it will have been worth doing. I believe, though, that you can do much more than that. If you apply what I'm going to show you.
Not to mention that having this kind of clarity about what you're doing will probably save you from wasting thousands of dollars on stuff that isn't going to do you any good in the long run. That alone is worth the time spent reading it...
To get started, just put your email address in the form below and click the button.
As I mentioned above, you'll get an email shortly after that, with the subject line, "TalkBiz News - Please confirm your subscription." Open that email, click the link in it, and you'll get the download information for the book within a few minutes.
Note: If you use a webmail service like Yahoo, Hotmail or Gmail, you may need to be patient, and check your bulk folder. They do their best to keep spam out, but they sometimes catch legit email along with it. (Cut them some slack on that. Fighting spam is a lot trickier than most people know...).
Thanks for reading this far. And enjoy the book!